After hearing about what happened I started sobbing, uncontrollably. For many reasons... The heartache of those parents whose children were not returned to them today after sending them to school on what they thought would be a 'normal' day, the horror that those children in that classroom must have felt as a stranger walked into the room and started shooting at them, the fear that those little ones who survived will feel for a very long time, the fear that I have for my own child as she grows up in this increasingly horrifying world.
I can only imagine how those parents are feeling who lost their babies today. It makes me so sad, and so upset that anyone could possibly kill innocent little children. As soon as I heard the news I immediately prayed to my Heavenly Father for comfort and peace to those families who are in so much pain today. I find myself praying over and over again begging for peace in their lives.
The only comfort to me today was this quote:
“In my leisure moments I have meditated upon the subject, and asked the question, why it is that infants, innocent children, are taken away from us, especially those that seem to be the most intelligent and interesting. . . . The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on ea
rth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again. . . . All children are redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and the moment that children leave this world, they are taken to the bosom of Abraham. The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable wicked world.”
-Joseph Smith
I have prayed and will continue to pray for those that where effected by this unnecessary and truly evil act today. I will love my little one a little more, if that is possible, I will hold those dear to me a little closer and pray that we can all not only survive the evils of this world, but also survive with faith in God and the goodness of others to overcome these terrible heartbreaks.
God bless Connecticut and God bless our Children. xoxo
Poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote this incredible song on Christmas morning in 1863. He had a rough couple of years leading up to it. The Civil War was in full swing, and he had just gotten word that his son was wounded in it. His wife had recently died in a fire. There wasn't any Christmas cheer for him and that day he had given up all hope. That is, until he heard church bells. What he wrote is now one of the more well-known Christmas songs. It wasn't even turned into a song until at least 10 years after it was written, by an English organist named John Baptiste Calker. But it may just be the best Christmas song ever written. This is Sarah McLachlan's version.
No comments:
Post a Comment