Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Appendix and Birthday and Broadway Play, OH MY!

So, over the past 5 days I've had my appendix out, my 33rd birthday and went to see Wicked!

It all started on Aug 16th around 3:30pm. My stomach started hurting so bad. At first I just thought it was because I was hungry. I stopped to grab some food on the way home from work but that seemed to make it worse. I was supposed to go to my second dress fitting for my wedding dress that evening. My stomach hurt so bad that I had to cancel my appointment. That night was the worst night of pain in my life. I didn't sleep at all.. mostly just cried and layed in fetal position.
In the morning my Mom woke up and demanded that we go to the ER. Luckily we did.. The doctor said I was within only a couple hours of it bursting. So I had the surgery on Friday morning.
Greg was with me at the hospital the entire time. He was such a great help. He and I were supposed to drive to California Friday night to go to one of his best friends weddings. Obviously that didn't happen. He stayed with me all weekend and made sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable. I didn't think it was possible, but this last weekend made me love him even more. He was so great!
My Mom lovingly took this photo of me right before I went in  for surgery


I spent all weekend in bed.. My birthday was on Monday. Greg came over Sunday night after church and watched movies with me since every move I made was super painful. He waited until Midnight... officially my birthday.. and gave me my present.... tickets to WICKED!



I was so excited! I have been wanting to see this for years! Greg was worried I wasn't going to make it to the show because I was still in a lot of pain. (He bought me the tickets in June) I assured him that no matter how much pain I was in... I was going to the show!! And I did!! 

It was AMAZING!! So glad we went. Greg took me to dinner before the show at one of our favorites..STONEGROUND. If you go..get the Pork Tenderloin and your life will never be the same...I promise!! SO GOOD!

After dinner, we went over to Capitol Theater to enjoy the show! I had no idea what the play was really about.. but I'm glad I didn't. There was a surprise around every corner!! The ending was a huge surprise. I LOVED it...It makes me actually want to watch The Wizard of Oz again! Going to WICKED was worth every bit of pain it took to get me there!!

Terrible photo but the only one we took that night.
So the last few days have been eventful, but overall it was a great birthday, thanks to my love! xoxo I'm such a lucky to girl to have such a great man in my life who takes really good care of me and loves me so much!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck! Crazy!! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Sounds like Greg made your bday wonderful! I love wicked too. Isn't it awesome?!

    ReplyDelete