Thursday, October 4, 2012

{Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life}

After all of the planning and the stress about the flowers and the dresses and the hair and the suits, September 14, 2012 finally arrived...and it was PERFECT! I can't even talk about how grateful I am without getting tears in my eyes. I have such amazing people in my life who helped me with this wedding. Thank you Kinsey and Suzan for the GORGEOUS flowers.. You did amazing!! Thank you, Thank you!! Thank you Mom for helping me with all of the dresses and coordinating the event.  A big thank you to my sisters, Leslie and Ashley who surprised Greg and I at the luncheon with a 'cup' cake to cut and a dance to dance to. I had been so stressed about things that I started to eliminate them from the list. I had decided there would be no cake, no dance and no garter because I couldn't think about one more thing. So as a surprise, my sisters did all the work! Thank you to my friends who traveled from all over to be here with us on this amazing day!

The wedding was at the Salt Lake City, LDS temple at 10:20am. Greg and I had to be there at 8:50am so I slept at Bill and Rama's house so his sister could do my hair at 7am. I woke up at 5:45 to get showered and put my makeup on. My hair turned out beautifully (Thank you Karissa!!). Greg and I drove up to the SLC temple together... I was feeling a little nervous. I realized I had been so stressed about things that I didn't have time to feel nervous until that moment... but as soon as we walked into those temple doors I was at complete peace. I knew this was going to be the best day of my life since I had become a Mom.. and it was!

Greg and I went our separate ways to get dressed. My mom came with me to get me ready in the bridal room. It was so great to have her there...she has been by my side though everything in my life..both good and bad and I am so thankful to have such a loving and supportive Mom! I love you Mom, thank you for everything you do for me!! xoxo

We then were taken to the Celestial room so Greg could take me through the veil. Such a special experience to have with my new Husband. After that we sat in the Celestial room, holding hands...both having a hard time keeping our composure. The spirit was so strong. We could hardly speak.

It was finally time for us to go into the sealing room. As we entered, I was overwhelmed with emotion. I looked around the room and saw all the most important people in my life. I was overcome with emotion and the tears just started rolling and didnt really stop until the whole thing was over. (Our sealers last name was Johnson also, he thought he was a pretty funny old man... I guess he was. :))

We then went our separate ways again to change our clothes and primp a bit. My Mom and Karissa came with me to make sure I looked as beautiful as ever.. they were a great beauty team!

I finished before Greg and waited for him for about 15 minutes... apparently he was having problems with smooshed hair! :)

As we joined hands again and walked out of the temple with all of our family and friends..it was such a great feeling! Kaya ran up to us first and handed me my flowers. Greg picked her up and her slip fell off somehow! haha a little wardrobe malfunction that was sooo funny! We greeted everyone and took some pictures...my face was hurting from smiling so much!

Finally we walked over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to have our luncheon. We were on the 10th floor in the Wasatch room! ABSOLUTELY stunning room!  Purples and Golds and gorgeous chandeliers. My Dad MC'ed the event. Of course starting out with a few jokes but always ending on a sentimental note. My Mom spoke and mostly cried. Greg's Mom spoke and then Greg's Dad sang a song that he wrote specifically for Greg and this event. Such a special day and It couldn't have gone any more perfectly!

Thank you everyone who helped and was involved in the set up and clean up of everything! Your love and work did not go unnoticed! We appreciate you more than you know.

First picture out of the temple

Right after Kaya's wardrobe malfunction
   

Me and my sissy, Leslie


Kinzie and Ayden came all the way from Arizona to be here! xoxo

Greg always makes sure that Kaya is included in everything!



My Mama

Our Parents






Greg and his mission buddy Kyle Russon

One of our only full family photos!! xoxo

My pretty sisters

My sisters and new sister-in-laws

Greg and his brother Kyle

Brotherly Love

All of the Johnson kids and their spouses 

My girlfriends are the greatest!! xoxo

My little angel babies

all the nieces and nephews! (Linkin was hating his life! haha)









Shar and Roman

Sheryl and Amber


Stella and Leslie 
Kinsey, Suzan and Scott Thank you so much for the beautiful flowers.. the wedding was amazing with your help!! xoxo


Sterling and Brandi came out from Denver! Thank you guys for being such great friends!!



Our 'cup' cake cutting

Our surprise first dance

Our gorgeous room



Us with my brother Jeff!
Kaya's new cousins: Braxton, Ashley, Kaylee, Alex, Billy
Ari, Kinzie, Kaya, Stella and Ayden

Close up of my hair!



First family dance!
Our get away car!
Lots of weird balloons left in our car!
And we're off!

4 comments:

  1. You look amazingly beautiful and incredibly happy! Love you my friend, it is definitely your turn. muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I got chills! My favorite is the one of you guys kissing and Kaya has a mischievous look on her face. Love that girl. And love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A HUGE congrats to you guys!! I have loved reading these posts...seeing the progress of your relationship. I am so happy to see you so happy. Greg definitely seems like a wonderful man! I love that he is so cute with Kaya. You guys look fabulous in all the pictures, and so happy! I'm so glad it was such an amazing day. Here's to an incredible life together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to catch up! You guys look so happy and it was fun to see pictures of your family! It has been so long since I've seen your sisters! I love the three of you holding hands. So sweet. Greg looks wonderful and I wish you both the best!

    ReplyDelete