Saturday, September 6, 2008

Turning a new Leaf


Ever since I have been working full time I have had a really hard time finding time to work out!  Mostly because Kaya stays with my mom all day while I am at work and I feel so bad leaving her for even another hour to get a work out... so.... Kaya and I have picked up running... We have been running everyday for a week!  Yay!  As most of you know, I have always hated running... but, running with Kaya makes it  a little more fun.  We strap her into the stroller and take off and as soon as Mommy gets tired and starts to slow down, Kaya asks, "Mommy rest?"  and I say "Yes, Mommy rest".  Kaya gives me about 2 seconds and then screams, "Mommy!  Faster!!"  So, I run faster... she is a great running coach!  We have a good time and I have already lost 5 pounds!  Yay for me!  She and I will have to find another activity as soon as the snow starts to fall... any ideas?  In the mean time, it's me and my new running partner!

6 comments:

  1. Whit- It was so fun getting to hang out with you again. Kaya is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if you even need to lose weight! I'm not too creative when it comes to anything other than the gym and I take the kids to the daycare there, so that wouldn't help you actually spend time with Kaya. Hmmm...maybe and indoor track somewhere? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just bundle up and keep running outside. Or at the indoor track.
    I haven't talk to you forever we reallly need to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo! You're going to get addicted! Keep up the good work. Would be so fun to run a 10K with you next summer! Way to go, Coach Kaya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is too funny. So I think it sounds like a little bossy coach. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude I'm proud! love your guts

    ReplyDelete